Alter is committed to operating its recycling facilities in an environmentally responsible manner.
In keeping with this commitment, it is Alter's policy to:
- Establish and maintain an environmental management system (EMS) for all of its recycling facilities
- Ensure that its EMS remains appropriate for the environmental issues associated with its facilities
- Encourage environmental awareness on the part of its personnel through ongoing employee training
- Monitor regulatory compliance status at each recycling facility, and take action as
necessary to ensure that compliance is maintained
- Establish reasonable, achievable, and economically viable objectives and targets for
environmental performance as part of our business planning process
- Prevent or minimize environmental pollution attributable to its operations through the use
of Best Management Practices
- Seek to continually improve our environmental practices.
This policy shall be periodically evaluated for its suitability, appropriateness and shall
be communicated to all personnel. It shall be made available to interested parties in response
to specific requests for information, or as may otherwise be directed by management.
Click to download Alter's Environmental Policy